This page introduces to you how to check out and return library materials.
In order to check out materials, Student ID Card (the one with a magnetic stripe on the back) or Library Card is required.
Please check following page about how to get Library Card.
- [For Students, Faculty and Staff] Entering the Library and Library Card
- [For Alumni, Visitors] Entering the Library and Library Card
Types of library materials
Types of ibrary materials are listed below.
- General books: You can borrow this type of materials. Most of our collection are categorized this type.
- Reference books: You can’t borrow this type of materials. You can use this group including dictionaries and encyclopedia for the purpose of your study and research.
- Rare books: Student, Faculty, Staff and others may use and check out this type of materials, only after the Library Director grant permission.
You are required to apply to use those books in advance. Please check following page.
Loan periods and limits
Loan periods and limits may differ depending on the library. Please check following page about details.
Renewing loan periods
You can renew items only one time through “Check Status of Loan/Reservation” in Web Service on condition the material hasn’t been reserved by another user.You can also renew items at the counter.
When the library is closed, return items to the drop box.
You can return items of four libraries and three faculty/research institute libraries to any of those seven libraries.
If an item becomes overdue…
Borrowing privileges will be suspended for the same number of days the item was overdue.
Please return our materials within loan periods.
Two kinds of E-mails for notices from library
Library sends you two kinds of E-mails listed below about returning items. this e-mail was sent by an automated e-mail system.
- notice e-mail for two days before the due-date
- You can stop it through “Edit Your Personal Information” in Web Service.
- notice e-mail for the item becoming overdue
If you have lost/damaged library materials…
You will be required to pay for them. Please contact library staff at the Desk.