Information service providers offer free access to databases, e-journals and e-books in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The information is summarized on the following page. Please use this page for your research and learning.
Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)：free access for databases, E-Journals and E-Books
You can access e-resources (e-journals, e-books and databases) that Osaka University subscribes from home or business trip destinations.When you are within the campus of Osaka University, please use e-resources by clicking each tab of “E-Journals”, “E- Books” and Databases on Library’s website.
Access to e-journals / e-books
If the title you need is available for off-campus access, authentication screen will appear. After authentication, you can access the journal website.
Publisher / Vendor links
Some Journals are available off-campus via the following link through user authentication by Osaka University Personal ID.
Access to databases
Some databases are available off-campus via the following link through user authentication by Osaka University Personal ID.
- ACM Digital Library
- Archives Unbound
- Chinese Newspapers Collection
- CINAHL Plus
- CiNii Articles
- Cochrane Library
- Le Doctrinal Plus
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO)
- Essential Science Indicators (ESI)
- Financial Times Historical Archives, 1888-2010
- Health & Medical Collection
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers
- Index to Legal Periodicals
- International Bibliography of Art（IBA）
- JapanKnowledge Lib
- Journal Citation Reports
- KOD (Kenkyusha Online Dictionary)
Available off-campus through GakuNin.
- The Making of the Modern World (MOMW)
- MLA International Bibliography
- Nexis Uni(formerly known as LexisNexis Academic)
- New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
- New York Times collection
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- OED Oxford English Dictionary
- Predatory Reports
- Press Reader
- Primal Pictures
- ProQuest Platform
- ProQuest Research Library
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
You must first register and create your personal account. (On Campus Access)
You must first register and create your personal account.
- SocINDEX with Full Text
- Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum
- Web of Science
- ブリタニカ・オンライン・ジャパン（Britannica Online Japan）
- 国家哲学社会科学学術期刊数据庫(NSSD:National Social Sciences Database)
- 中国近代報刊庫 大報編 申報
- 中国工具書 (CRWO)
- 日経テレコン21 (大学向けコンテンツ)
- 毎日新聞 マイ索
- 読売新聞 ヨミダス歴史館
Notice of use
Osaka University Personal ID and password
is required to use it.
Please check the following page FAQ on Campus-wide IT Authentication Platform Service in Osaka University about Osaka University Personal ID and password.
Some e-resources are not available under this service because we provide only the e-resouces which publishers permitted us to access off-campus.
In this case, please access them on campus.
While you are using this service, the URL in your browser’s address will be like the following example.
Example: www.sciencedirect.com. remote.library.osaka-u.ac.jp
If the URL doesn’t contain “remote.library.osaka-u.ac.jp”, you are outside this service. Please return within this service by clicking your browser’s “Back” button.
When you end the remote access, please click the below button or close your browser to disconnect the authentication.
Please give attentions to protection of copyright and proper use. Following actions are prohibited, and may result in suspension of service.
- Systematic or programmatic downloading.
- Reproduction or redistributing of full text file.
- Other usages beyond research, teaching and personal use.
Some E-resources such as KOD are available off-campus through GakuNin. For more information, please refer to the following website.
Other access way
Following Databese is available from off-campus if you can get ID/PW.