In order to use the following databases, you need to register your information.
Databases other than those listed below are available for all OU members without registration.
Databases which require registration
If you're a first time user, User Registration is required. Please refer to "CAS SciFinder Discovery Platform for Academics User Registration Guide". for OU members only.
If you have already the Username of CAS SciFinderⁿ, please use your existing username and password.
Access to CAS SciFinderⁿ
- Tools other than CAS SciFinderⁿ can be accessed by switching from the menu (CAS Product Switcher) on the upper left of the screen.
- Off Campus access
- Concurrent user limit: None
- Default timeout setting: 60 minutes
- If you forgot your username and password, please request a verification code to recover your information via the online form.
Before using PsycINFO, you need to get ID and Password.
*There is no charge for the service.
Access to PsycINFO
This database is available from off-campus.
- In principle, academic staff members, researchers and students of Osaka University who belong to a psychology research laboratory.
- Other academic staff members, researchers and students of Osaka University who request to use PsycINFO for their research in psychology.
How to get ID/Password
Please apply to the library from each laboratory. (However, someone who doesn't belong to any laboratories can apply individually.)
- Choose principal contacts. (Principal contacts needs to have an e-mail address.)
- Contact to
- Subject: "PsycINFO利用申請"
- Body: the institute or the laboratory, name of the principal contacts, e-mail address, TEL, FAX
- ID and password will be emailed to you.
*Be sure to send an e-mail using "osaka-u.ac.jp" domain. We don't accept applications from other domains.
*Please keep us informed of any change of e-mail address.
- Please be careful in managing ID and password.
- We will change the password once a year.
Access to SciVal
You need to sign in to use SciVal. Please sign in with the same ID and password as other Elsevier products (Scopus, Mendeley, etc.).
If you do not have an Elsevier ID and password, you will need to register as a user.
・User registration procedure
Access SciVal from "Access to SciVal" above
→ Click "Create account" at the top of the screen
→ Enter your e-mail address and click "Continue"
→ Enter your name and password and click "Register"
→ Click "Continue" on the "Welcome" screen
→ Start using
- For inquiries, please refer to Ask Us.