Learning Support Desk - Support by Learning Supporters (LSs)
Osaka University Library (Main Library, Life Sciences Library, Science and Engineering Library, International Studies Library) is open partially but some services are not available.
Library Service Changes (from June 11)
Services in International Studies Library during the COVID-19 Outbreak
Who is a Learning Supporter (LS)?
Learning Supporters (LSs) are graduate student staff in Osaka University Library. They, who specialize in various fileds, will support your studies at the Learning Support Desks. Feel free to ask them for their support!
The information of Today's LS and events are posted on Twitter.
Location and Desk Hours
- Please click on one of the buttons below to check Desk Hours in each library.
- *Please check the information of Today's LS on Twitter.
- *The Life Sciences Library's Learning Support Desk is closed from April 2022. Please contact the LS of the other 3 libraries.
Study support at Learning Support Desk
Learning Supporters welcome your questions about studies at the Learning Support Desk in each library. If you are having trouble in understanding what was taught in classes, have no idea what to write for essay assignments, or wondering whether you should go on to graduate school, we are here to help you.
- Main Library：Bldg. B 2F "Learning Commons"・Bldg. C 2F "Global Commons"
- *Now Global Commons is opened, but LSs in Global Commons are still stationed in Learning Commons. Please be careful.
- Science and Engineering Library：East Bldg. 1F "Sky Innovation Studio"
- International Studies Library：3F "Learning Commons LUX"
Online Study Support
Learning Supporters have started online study support by using video meeting system. Please click on one of the buttons below to check details in each library.オンラインでの学習相談（About Online Study Support）
We will reply by email. It may take several days to reply.E-mail form
Pathfinders are leaflets that introduce useful resources to learn a certain topic. Pathfinders are provided in each library as well as on the website.
Workshops and Guidance
Learning Supporters provide a variety of workshops and guidance that will help students’ studies and college life. The topics range from their specialties to general academic skills. The schedule of the workshops and Guidance and the materials of the past workshops and guidance are available on the website.
Recommending useful books
Learning Supporters select, introduce and exhibit books they recommend.