We accept purchase requests for books to be shelved in Main Library from Osaka University students.
Who can make a request?
Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, Research Students, Credited Auditors, and Auditors of Osaka University
Limit (for 2023 fiscal year)
Up to 25,000 JPY in total and five books per person during one fiscal year
* We have changed the request limits for budgetary reasons. (from June 1.2023)
The Criteria for request
- Books are not held in Osaka University Libraries.
- Books necessary for study or research of Osaka University students.
- Books useful for Osaka University students to enrich their culture.
We do not accept the request for books or any other materials below:
How to make a request
Please send all the required information below via “request form” under Web Service.
- If the book cannot be purchased, we will inform you via e-mail within a week or two.
- We will inform you via e-mail when the book becomes available.
* It will take a month for Japanese books / two months for foreign books to become available. (It may take longer depending on its availability.)
Books Purchase Request (for Students)
* Osaka University Personal ID and password is required to use it.
|Required Information||Title, Edition, Author, Publisher, Year, ISBN, Price *incl. tax, Purpose|
- When we have expended all the allocated budget for purchase request, we will close acceptance of requests earlier than the end of the fiscal year and might decline your request.
June 1, 2023 Osaka University Main Library