Commonly used citation formats are following:
Developed by ACS(American Chemical Society).
Developed by AMA(American Medical Association).
- AMA manual of style : a guide for authors and editors – 10th ed. c2007(Book)
- 医学英語論文の書き方マニュアル(8th ed. translation into Japanese)
Developed by APA(American Psychological Association). Widely used in psychology, behavioral science, nursing, sociology, science of social welfare.
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association – 6th ed. c2010(Book)
- APA論文作成マニュアル(6th ed. translation into Japanese)
- APA Style(Website by American Psychological Association)
Developed by MLA(Modern Language Association).
- MLA handbook for writers of research papers – 7th ed. 2009(Book)
- MLA英語論文の手引 – 7th ed. 2009(6th ed. translation into Japanese)
- MLA style manual and guide to scholarly publishing – 3rd ed. 2008(Book)
Developed by Japan Science and Technology Agency.