In order to use the following databases, you need to register your information or install the client software.
Databases which require registration or client software
If you’re a first time user, User Registration via the university network is required. Please refer to “CAS SciFinderⁿ User Registration Guide”. for OU members only.
If you have already the Username of SciFinder(old version), please use your existing username and password.
Access to CAS SciFinderⁿ
- Off Campus access is here
- Concurrent user limit: None
- Default timeout setting: 60 minutes
- If you forgot your username and password, please refer to here.
Before using PsycINFO, you need to get ID and Password.
*There is no charge for the service.
Access to PsycINFO
This database is available from off-campus.
- In principle, academic staff members, researchers and students of Osaka University who belong to a psychology research laboratory.
- Other academic staff members, researchers and students of Osaka University who request to use PsycINFO for their research in psychology.
How to get ID/Password
Please apply to the library from each laboratory. (However, someone who doesn’t belong to any laboratories can apply individually.)
- Choose principal contacts. (Principal contacts needs to have an e-mail address.)
- Contact to
- Subject: "PsycINFO利用申請"
- Body: the institute or the laboratory, name of the principal contacts, e-mail address, TEL, FAX
- ID and password will be emailed to you.
*Be sure to send an e-mail using "osaka-u.ac.jp" domain. We don’t accept applications from other domains.
*Please keep us informed of any change of e-mail address.
- Please be careful in managing ID and password.
- We will change the password once a year.
Access to SciVal
You need to sign in to use SciVal. Please sign in with the same ID and password as other Elsevier products (Scopus, Mendeley, etc.).
If you do not have an Elsevier ID and password, you will need to register as a user.
・User registration procedure
Access SciVal from “Access to SciVal” above
→ Click “Create account” at the top of the screen
→ Enter your e-mail address and click “Continue”
→ Enter your name and password and click “Register”
→ Click “Continue” on the “Welcome” screen
→ Start using
- For inquiries, please refer to Ask Us.