[June 10, 2020]
According to “Notice regarding Osaka University’s COVID-19 response levels” (announced at KOAN on May 19, 2020), more library service will become available after June 11, 2020.
All library service is available ONLY for OU members and NOT available for visitors including alumni for the time being.
Current library service is based on “Osaka University’s COVID-19 response levels” and library will take measures to meet the standards of hygiene instructed by Osaka University and Osaka Prefecture.
Please keep in mind that all library users need to comply with the requests listed in the latter part.
Library hours and service may be changed according to the change of “Osaka University’s COVID-19 response levels”. Please keep up to date with changed library service by checking this web page and the Library’s website.
June 11, 2020 – To Be Determined
Libraries will open longer after June 11 (but opening hours are shortened than usual). Please check the hours on the linked web page of the library you visit.
Who can use library?
All OU members (students, faculty and staff)
※Visitors including alumni can NOT use OU Library for the time being.
Available Library Service
Library services listed below are available. Please be sure to use library always according to the arrangements listed in the latter part.
- Picking up materials from the shelves and checking out them
- Picking up items which you made a hold on/ requested from another OU library
Using materials in the library
- Photocopying library materials
- Reading books/ journals in the library 【available from June 11】
- We have reduced the number of seats to keep distance between users. Please be considerate of others and release the seat in as short time as possible (generally, up to 2 hours).
- Items which are placed in the closed area and necessary to be brought out by staffs, such as microforms, dissertations, and rare books 【available from June 11】
- E-resources accessible only via specific PCs in the library, such as NDL Digitized Contents Transmission Service 【available from June 11】
- Newspapers 【available from June 11】
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Picking up copies/ items which you requested
Spaces and Equipments
- Seats in reading rooms 【available from June 11】
- Desktop PCs 【available from June 11】
* We have reduced the number of seats to keep distance between users. Please be considerate of others and release the seat in as short time as possible (generally, up to 2 hours).
* All seats are for one person’s use. There is no available seats for pair or group. Speaking, chatting and discussion are prohibited in the library for the time being.
- Making an application for a Library Card
- Please check the information on the web page “[For Students, Faculty and Staff] Entering the Library and Library Card” in advance.
- Application is accepted from 9am to 5pm on weekdays while the library is open.
- References (face-to-face at the Desk) 【available from June 11】
- Asking for arranging an appointment to visit other university libraries 【available from June 11】
Library Services NOT Available
- Learning Commons (including Global Commons at Main Library)
- Group Study Rooms
- Study Cubicles
- Players (disk, VHS, cassette tape)
- Laptop PCs, cables, headsets earphones for loan
In response to COVID-19, all library users are requested to…
- Refrain from visiting library when you have a fever, a cough, and any other cold-like symptoms
- Wear a mask
- Bring ID card (OU Student ID or Library Card) with you.
- All users without ID card cannot enter the library nor checkout materials.
- Visit library alone and refrain from chatting in the library.
- Stay in the library as short as possible (generally, up to 2 hours).
- We may close the gate when there are too many people staying in the library and it is difficult to keep physical distance between users.
- Keep physical distance from each other in the library.
- When you are waiting for your turn at the desk, the self-checkout machine, or photocopy machine, please make a line and keep away from others more than 1m.
- Use hand sanitizer at the entrance before enter the library.
- Wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitizer after you touch materials, PCs, and any other equipment in the library.
Measures which Library will take to meet the standards of hygiene in response to COVID-19
- Cleaning equipment frequently touched
- Staff wears a mask or face shield
- Separating users and staffs at the desk by transparent sheets or panels (only where they are possible to be set)
Extension of Due Date
- The due date of all items, except for items for 1 hour/ 1 night loan is extended until June 24, whose original due date is between March 27 and June 23, 2020.
- Unlimited renewals for books and audio-visual materials are granted unless a hold has been placed on the item.
- OU members can renew items via Web Service “Viewing Borrowing and Hold Status”.
- If a hold has been placed on the item, please return it before the due date.
- You cannot renew journals.
- A book drop is available anytime outside the entrance of each library in response to COVID-19.
- If you may borrow any other items on the same day, please do not return items into a book drop but return items to the staff at the desk.
- You can send back items to the library by mail at your own expense.
- Please pack items carefully and doubly in plastic bag (inside) and in box/ bag (outside).
- You are responsible to any damage to items caused by sending them. We recommend that you get proof of postage and use sending service with compensation for damages (for example, ゆうパック or 宅急便).
- Interlibrary Loan items (i.e. other university’s materials) must be returned to the staff at the desk (please do not put them into a book drop).
Extension of holding period of items
- All items are held for your picking up until June 24, 2020.
- After June 11, items are held for 2 weeks (usually 1 week) until the further notice.
Contacts and address
|Main Library||Circulation Group, Main Library, 1-4 Machikaneyama,Toyonaka, Osaka
(Request for copies, Interlibrary Loan)
|Interlibrary Loan Group, Main Library
|Life Sciences Library||2-3 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka
|Science and Engineering Library||2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka
|International Studies Library||8-1-1 Aomatani-higashi, Minoh, Osaka