This page provides an overview of services in International Studies Library during the COVID-19 Outbreak.
As for other OU libraries (Main Lib, Life Sciences Lib or Science and Engineering Lib), please visit the following page:
Last updated: 2022.4.1
Entering the library
Currently, there are no admission restrictions to the International Studies Library. Everyone is welcome to visit the library as usual.
On your visit, please observe the following points.
- Please wash your hands or disinfect them with alcohol when entering the library and after using the library facilities.
- Use of reading seats is limited to 2 hours per a day.
Opening hours (From June 22) [Last updated: June 21, 2021]
|International Studies Library||Weekdays 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Holidays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Opening hours and closing days are subject to change. For more information, please check the library hours.
Status of services provided
|◎ – available anytime during opening hours|
○ – available only during the daytime on weekdays
× – not available
|Checking out books and journals||◎|
|Arranging Inter-Library Loans and visits to other university libraries||〇 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays|
|Reference service||〇 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays|
|Learning Support Desk||〇 On weekdays Desk hours|
|Issuing Osaka University Library Card||〇 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays|
|Learning Commons LUX||◎Only for individual study. Moving desks and chairs and talking are not allowed.|
|Group Study Rooms||×|
|Reading service room||×|
|AV Library||◎ Only one-person booths are available.|
|Lending laptops and projectors||×|
*1 The number of reading seats has been reduced in order to avoid “Three Cs” (Closed spaces with poor ventilation, Crowded places with many people nearby and Close-contact setting such as close-range conversations). Please try to keep your stay as short as possible and share the space with others. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Extension of due date / limitation of number of renewals
- Due dates are as usual.
- For the time being, you can renew the loan period of books and audio-visual materials as many times as you need.
*Alumni and visitors can renew only once.
- You can renew through “View Borrowing and Hold Status” in the library web service.
- When you renew your loan period, the loan period will be extended for the same number of days as a stipulated loan period from the day of the renewal.
- You can’t renew books that have been reserved by others. Please return them by the due date.
- Journals cannot be renewed.
- Returning books
- Please use the book drop outside the library, next to the main entrance or bring them to the library counter.
- We also accept returns by mail or courier. Please note the following points.
- Please send via trackable service such as Yu-Pack or other courier services.
- Please pre-pay the shippment fee in advance.
- Please cover the books with a plastic bag in order to prevent water damage and pack them in a way that they will not be damaged.
- If the books get soiled, damaged or lost before they arrive at the library, you will be asked to pay for them.
For inquiries and return of books, please contact us at the following address.
Please include “User support section” in the mailing or courier address.
International Studies Library
User support section
Library hours and service availability are subject to change due to requests from local governments and revisions of the activity revels provided in “Osaka University’s COVID-19 response levels”. Before your visit, please check this page for the latest status.
[2021.7.8]English translation completed
[2021.12.1]Learning Commons LUX opened
[2021.12.6]AV Library opened
[2022.1.5]Study cubicles opened
[2022.4.1]Contact information updated